[Yanel-dev] User and Group Management

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Feb 14 20:02:58 CET 2007

Hi all,

I've added interfaces and a yarep-based implementation for user and
group management to the security package. It allows to add/modify/delete
users and groups, and to manage the membership of users to groups.

Paloma, do you think it would be a lot of work to modify your
UserResource to use this API?

I made the UserManager and the GroupManager accessible via the
IdentityManager:
     identityManager.getUserManager()
and
     identityManager.getGroupManager()
I'm not completely happy with that, any suggestions on how to improve
this are welcome. Should those two managers be instantiated via spring
instead?

If the new api is approved, I will make a few minor modifications to
YanelServlet, to correctly get the User and its Groups after logging in.
This should then allow to set policies based on groups.

Any feedback is welcome.

josias