[Yanel-dev] System property org.xml.sax.driver not specified

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Jan 28 12:19:37 CET 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:

>> Hi
>>        ... 35 more
>>

>> Any idea what might be actually causing this. Has this anything to do
>> with the recent changes within the BasicXMLResource?
>

> I think the problem is that there are multiple xml-apis and xerces libs
>
> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar
> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis-1.3.02.jar
>
> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.0.2.jar
> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar
>
> will try to find out where these old dependencies come from and
> upgrade them or delete them.

it seems like that this was really the problem. I had some custom realm
which somehow pulls in these old xerces and xml-api libs and hence the
conflict.

I know we have discussed this before, but I guess we really have to take
the time at some point to fix this.

We cannot prevent that different realms and resources have conflicting
libs, but Yanel should tell there is a conflict such that one can
resolve it quickly.

Cheers

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org
+41 44 272 91 61