[Yanel-dev] Question rgd Framework usage

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Fri May 23 09:26:37 CEST 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> mohammed navas wrote:
>
>> Dear Michael,
>>
>>     Is Yanel using spring framework ?
>

> yes, but AFAIK only for configurational stuff, Josias knows probably
> better than I do
>
> @Josias: Could you give some pointers how Yanel is making use of Spring?

Yanel is using spring as a component manager.
Some of the core components (RepositoryFactories, Map, etc) are
registered in spring-yanel-config.xml

Resource types may provide their own spring files (see e.g. the wiki
resource src/contributions/resources/wiki/src/build/spring-wiki-config.xml)

The spring application context bean factory is created in Yanel.java
There is a method yanel.getBeanFactory() which allows one to access a
component registered in the config file.

hth,
Josias