[Yanel-dev] [Fwd: [daisy] Java applet as part editor]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Jun 25 23:40:42 CEST 2009

Hi

Maybe this is also an interesting editor to integrate with Yanel for
math oriented people and institutions.

Cheers

Michi

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[daisy] Java applet as part editor
Datum: 	Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:16:28 +0100 (BST)
Von: 	Timothy P Mcdonald <t.mcdonald at ucl.ac.uk>
Antwort an: 	Daisy: open source CMS - general mailinglist
<daisy at lists.cocoondev.org>
An: 	daisy at lists.cocoondev.org

Hi

I'm playing about with using a Java Applet to provide a ability to create
and edit math's equations directly in Daisy. The editor I'm considering
using is DragMath (http://www.dragmath.bham.ac.uk/demo.html) which is open
source and can export both images and MathML. Before I plunge into writing
code for daisy I wanted to check I'm going along the correct lines.

I know I've got to define a new part editor xml file (i.e.
resources/parteditor/DragMath.xml), a java file (i.e.
frontend/editor/DragMathEditor.java) and a CForms xml files (i.e.
resources/forms/parteditor_dragmath_definition.xml &
resources/forms/parteditor_dragmath_template.xml).

However, I'm struggling to workout where the code to run the applet should
go. The code from the DragMath site to inclode dragmath in a page is given
below:

<applet name= "dragmath" codebase="classes" code=
"Display.MainApplet.class"  archive=
"Project.jar,AbsoluteLayout.jar,swing-layout-1.0.jar,,jdom.jar,,jep.jar"
width= 540  height= 300 >
<param name= language value= "en" >
</applet >

My question is where should this go in the files I've listed above? My
first guess in the resources/forms/parteditor_dragmath_template.xml as
this appears to be where the similar definitions are for the uploading
applet however the applet config code looks quite different here.

Cheers Tim (a CForms novice)