[Yanel-dev] Re: Default mapping of Yanel

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:15:39 CET 2010

Hi Michi,

I have now found on line 139 in the ResourceManager.java class the
following:

           // Fallback to file/node resource

        return getResource(environment, realm, path, newResourceConfigurati=
on(
"file", "http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0", null));

So this means, if there is no mapping found, it tries to process the URL
with the File Resource which in turn returns an XML of the whole structure.
We have noticed that many robots out there try to go up the hierarchy of a
URL (e.g. /images/small/take.jpg --> they try to access /images/small and
also /images).

I think that Yanel should not have this behaviour per default. Of course it
could be an option in order to enable it as it can be convenient in certain
cases.

What do you think?

Cheers
Balz