[Yanel-dev] Default Index (2 directories)

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 07:55:18 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

can you explain, why there are per default 2 index directories? fulltext and
properties?

as of my understanding, you actually only require 1 single index which
stores everything (fulltext is nothing else than a property called
"_FULLTEXT", right? So we would need just one index.

tempo/cache/search-index/fulltext
tempo/cache/search-index/properties

Both directories contain segment files so both are somehow used by Yanel,
but only 1 should actually be used.

I just had a productive issue where the LOCK file was not removed anymore
from the index in the "properties" directory and I guess there are still
some sections in the code which are not yet fully synchronized
(LuceneIndexer). Under any circumstances, the LOCK file must get removed
again, whatever happens during writing into the index... I'll have a closer
look at the code again today.

Cheers
Balz